Waxing and shaving makes your body looks clean and shiny. There are various techniques of removing unwanted hair like waxing, shaving, cream, laser, plucking, threading etc. Sometimes, even these methods miss out on some pores which lead to ingrown hair. They are troublesome and painful because they form tiny bumps which not only look unattractive but also irritate especially if in the armpit or bikini area.
Ingrown hair is curly in texture that grows within the surface of the skin. Generally, the bump is closed when ingrown hair builds, but sometimes you might see a black hair protruding from the surface. Eventually, the area might heal, but generally it may cause infection and soreness. This infection can lead to puss under the skin and itching with skin rashes as well.
The only way to get rid of ingrown hair is through the laser treatment. There are various other techniques that many people have already tried, but laser treatment is the ingrown hair removal process. Laser process has been in demand for some time fairly. Almost all spas and clinics use laser method to make their customers happy. Compared to the other treatments, this process takes less than 20 minutes in one session. This is beneficial for those who have busy schedule.
Here are few things that you should know about laser treatment that cures the problem of ingrown hair –
- There are different types of laser which is used on different skin and hair color.
- These laser beams penetrate into the hair follicles passing through the skin to kill it completely. This stops the growth of ingrown hair permanently in that area.
- A series of sessions are done to reduce follicles with every time laser beam passes through it.
- Since laser is finishing hair follicle in every session, therefore with time the hair in that area becomes thinner and finally removed from body.
- Facial treatment is a bit complicated because it is also connected to the hormones, but another parts of body it targets only the affected area.
- It also helps in treating discoloration that was caused by ingrown hair.
- Generally, there 8 sessions in a row, but for maintenance you need to visit clinic or salon twice a year depending on the growth of ingrown hair.
- Growth of hair is dependent on hormones therefore it completely depends upon your hormones as to how many sessions would be required.
Here are few homely tips to prevent ingrown hair –
- Exfoliation is the finest way to prevent its growth, hence exfoliate that portion three to four times a week.
- Gently rub that are instead overdoing it as it can develop more ingrown hair.
- Hydrated skin looks smooth, hence moisturize your skin regularly.
- Instead of wearing tight clothes wear loose and comfortable attire that allow pores to breathe.
Generally, people try plucking ingrown hair through tweezers. This might sound easy, but can lead to infection or other skin related problem if you pluck out any puss under the skin. It is better to schedule an appointment with a laser therapy clinic to undergo a safe and hygienic treatment.